Are you an active member of any Facebook Groups?
Would you like to know about Facebook groups for business and how they could be a potential marketing tool for your brand?
Our guest today, the illustrious Bella Vasta, shares some tips and tricks on utilizing Facebook groups for business. Bella is a Facebook groups expert who has been generating revenue from them since 2012.
Bella and I discuss topics such as how Facebook groups can help grow your business, what types of business can excel with groups, how to create a community within your group, best practices for starting and running a group, and much more.
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses find and acquire digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
About Bella Vasta:
- Keynote Speaker, Consultant, Author and Podcast Host
- Has built multiple six-figure businesses
- Facebook Groups expert who has been generating revenue from them since 2012
Key Quotes from Bella about Facebook Groups for Business:
- “Your Facebook page is like your front yard . . . it’s well manicured . . . the backyard (your Facebook group) is where you do the fun things–this is where the party is.”
- “Facebook groups can be a funnel and depending on what part of the funnel they are in, dictates what you share.”
- “We all want to feel safe, secure and that we belong. That’s why this works. We feel like we belong.”
- “It’s not about the quantity; it’s about the quality – don’t get too hung up on the numbers.”
- “When life gets you down, always keep jumping.”
- “This is not about you, it’s not about what you sell, and it’s not about your brand. People didn’t come into your backyard for you to get up on your soapbox.”
- “When your group gets more mature you don’t have to get involved in every conversation.”
- “No one wants to go to a party where no one is having fun. “ – Tyler
Key Takeaways about Facebook Groups for Business:
- 3:15 – Introduction to Bella and how she got into utilizing groups
- 5:00 – Mistakes she made when she first got started
- 6:10 – Bella’s analogy to show why businesses need a group if they have a page
- 8:39 – On solicitors
- 9:28 – Who should have groups and who can moderate them
- 12:27 – Building that “know, like & trust factor”
- 14:27 – Training your newsfeed
- 15:45 – What type of content works in groups vs. pages
- 16:05 – Facebook groups as a funnels
- 17:34 – Examples of a Facebook group as a funnel & developing a strategy
- 20:30 – Creating a community within your group
- 21:01 – How Mazlow’s Hierarchy of Needs applies to Facebook groups
- 21:40 – Examples of people/businesses doing it well (i.e., Podcast Movement and Jessica Phillips, Molly Mahoney)
- 23:31 – The differences between groups and pages (Yes, groups have analytics!)
- 25:35 – How do start and grow a group?
- 28:45 – How to get the party started – Ways to keep your group active
- 33:14 – What is “Reflection” and “Hot Seat”?
- 33:43 – Best Practices
Items mentioned in the show:
- Social Media Marketing World 2019
- Contact Bella
- Contact Tyler
Enjoy the podcast?
- Please take 10 seconds of your time and give the show a rating or write a review on iTunes.
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher