Facebook Engagement: How-to Get Your Fans Engaging With Your Facebook Page
September 5, 2013
Are you getting little to zero Facebook engagement on your Facebook Page?
Do you know the key to getting your Facebook posts to appear in the news feed of your Facebook Fans?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I chat it up with Josh Parkinson, founder and CEO of Post Planner, to talk about Facebook’s news feed algorithm and what it takes to create engaging Facebook content. Josh has taken Post Planner form zero to over 20,000 users in less than 9 months and it is one of the top apps for Facebook Page managers.
I also share with you my favorite tool to read blogs and websites and what I personally use daily to stay on top of the constant changes taking place in social media.
About this show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media marketing fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use in the day-to-day operations as CEO of Casual Fridays and co-founder of Scoreboard Social. If you’re curious to learn more about me or why I started the Social Media Social Hour, please check out this video.
In this episode, here’s what we’ll cover:
- Tech Tool of The Week: Feedly is a tool that I use daily! Sometimes up to twenty times in a day. It is a cloud based reader. You can add your favorite blogs and websites and Feedly makes it awesome to get all your websites in one place
- Buffer is one of my favorite apps to share the articles I read in Feedly across social networks
- Josh Parkinson, founder and CEO of Post Planner tells us how he took his app from zero to over 20,000 users in 9 months
- Josh and I discuss Facebook’s news feed algorithm and its recent changes
- Content that is popular, relevant and timely are the three basic principles to Facebook’s news feed algorithm
- Are the recent changes to Facebook’s news feed algorithm just good public relations?
- What the best type of content to post is if you’re a Facebook Page manager trying to get engagement
- How taking the time to select the perfect image can make a huge difference in getting engagement on your Facebook posts
- Josh’s metaphor for the best Facebook strategy, called “chumming the waters” – Facebook is kind of like fishing
- Why Facebook likes, comments, and shares are not the holy grail of Facebook marketing success, but link clicks are
- If you struggle writing engaging Facebook content, Post Planner has an awesome status ideas engine
- Josh shares with us the type of status updates that get more engagement on Facebook
- It is not important to post content that is always relevant to your business
Josh Parkinson’s Social Media Six Pack (six questions where I ask Josh to provide one simple answer):
- Q) After Facebook, what is the social network you prefer most? A) Quora
- Q) The last Facebook Page you personally “liked”? A) The Far Side
- Q) Preferred Facebook Fan Page Taps application? A) Shortstack
- Q) Instagram or Vine? A) Neither
- Q) Favorite social media blog you subscribe to? A) Kiss Metrics
- Q) Secret tool you use on a daily basis? A) Post Planner or Google Docs if excluding Post Planner
Items mentioned in this episode:
- Post Planner
- Recent changes to Facebook’s news feed algorithm
- The Far Side Facebook Page
- The 10 blogs/websites that are “must reads” in my Feedly