Would you like to start a podcast?
Are you holding back because the technology to create a podcast intimidates you?
What if I told you that you could create a quality podcast with just your iPhone? Yes, I said it. With just your iPhone. It’s totally do-able, and today, I recorded this entire podcast on my iPhone to prove it. In today’s episode of the Social Media Social Hour, I walk you through step-by-step exactly how I created this quality podcast, in one take, with just my iPhone.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How to record a podcast in one take, straight from your iPhone
- What iPhone app to use to record your podcast
- How to play intros/outros, bumpers and background music all on-the-fly while recording your podcast on your iPhone
- How to hook up a better quality microphone directly to your iPhone
- What editing tools you may want to consider for any post production
Memorable Quotes from Tyler:
- “I”m recording this entire episode, with just my iPhone. And I’m willing to bet it sounds amazing.”
- “I’m excited about being able to record a podcast on just my iPhone, because now I can record a quality podcast on-the-fly.”
- “A quality podcast starts with great audio. To get great audio, you need a better microphone.”
- “The Audio Technia ATR-2100 is a great microphone that’s less than $70. If I had to rate this microphone on a scale from 1 through 10, I’d give it an 8.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Get tickets to Social Media Day San Diego taking place on June 30th, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
- Solopreneur Hour Podcast with Michael O’Neal
- Audio Technia ATR-2100 USB/XLR mic
- Boss Jock Studio
- Lightning to USB Camera Adapter
- Soundbyte by Black Cat – Desktop Cart Platform
- Contact Tyler
- Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!