Does your company maintain a blog or have a blog content strategy?
Would you like the blueprint on how to successfully maintain a company blog?
Today on the podcast, I’m joined by Heather Brinckerhoff of LEGOLAND Parks, and we explore LEGOLAND’s blog strategy for their nine parks around the world. Heather goes explicitly into how they have successfully scaled the blog, their editorial content calendar process, and how they manage their authors and contributors. We also dig into some of the strategies and tactics LEGOLAND is using when it comes to influencer marketing, Instagram Stories, and community management.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. The Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses find and acquire digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
About Heather Brinckerhoff:
- Senior Social Media Manager and Global Lead for LEGOLAND Parks
- She’s previously done social media marketing for brands including Disney Parks and PlayStation
In this episode, here’s what you’ll discover about LEGOLAND’s Blog Content Strategy:
- Heather’s story on how she landed her job at LEGOLAND Parks
- How LEGOLAND Parks differs from a LEGO Store as well as other theme parks and attractions
- The primary motivation for why Heather decided to re-ignite the LEGOLAND blog
- Why LEGOLAND uses their blog to be the hub of their entire social media program
- How the blog helps LEGOLAND convert purchasing park passes
- The publishing frequency and contributing team that LEGOLAND has found successful
- All the blog categories LEGOLAND focuses on and how Heather assigns them to different authors
- How LEGOLAND leverages influencers and mom bloggers
- Why Heather believes blogging can scale for any brand
- The writing guidelines and parameters LEGOLAND deploy
- How LEGOLAND creates engaging author pages for their contributors
- LEGOLAND’s approach with paid social and bosting posts
- How LEGOLAND repurposes their blog posts across Instagram Stories
Quotes from Heather about LEGOLAND’s Blog Content Strategy:
- “Platforms like Facebook and Instagram really aren’t meant to give paragraphs of information.”
- “With a blog, we’re able to tell stories, give information, and create that brand loyalty.”
- “It’s reassuring because we’re consistently seeing our most engaging posts on Facebook and Instagram are our blog posts.”
- “It’s cool to get a moms perspective of the park that’s unbiased.”
- “If you’re going to do it right (live streaming), you have to have a strategy behind it.”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Social Media Strategies Summitt
- LEGOLAND Parks
- LEGOLAND’s Blog
- Follow Heather on Instagram –> @heatherrosie
- Contact Tyler