The BluePrint To Video Ads on Facebook
August 30, 2017
Are you creating more video as part of your social media marketing strategy?
Are you turning those videos into video ads on Facebook?
This week on the podcast, I’m joined by Facebook Ads expert, Gavin Bell, and he shares with me the blueprint to video ads on Facebook. You’ll learn best practices for video ads on Facebook, how to optimize video ads on Facebook, and most importantly, how much money you should be spending on each video ad.
Let’s do this…
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- How Gavin Bell utilizes video ads to turn viewers into clients.
- Why Bell did the 100 vlogs in 100 days challenge and what he learned from it.
- How to focus on creating content that makes people want to share.
- How one of Bell’s videos reached 160,000 people despite only having 3,500 Facebook followers.
- Why it’s important to utilize a “funnel” technique and hook large audiences with great content.
- Why it’s important to know which of your audiences are paying the most attention and watching your videos for the longest duration.
- How retargeting ads as a follow-up can be so effective.
- How much money Bell spends per week on video advertising and why.
Memorable quotes from Gavin:
- “90% of content consumed online will be video.”
- “If anyone watches my videos on Facebook and hasn’t like my page, they get a retargeting ad to like my page.”
- “Understand what people are looking for on the platform.”
- “Having a vlog in the traditional sense…is very hard to get people to share.”
- “Creating content that works on the platform [that] people are actually interested in watching [is the goal]”
- “Take as long as you need to get your message out there”
- “The most important thing is catching people’s attention first”
- “Don’t get hung up on creating [a] ‘perfect’ piece of content”
- “If you’ve got a message that resonates with people…then just upload it. It doesn’t matter if it’s edited or not.”
- “To have someone as a true fan of yours…is pretty powerful”
- “Vlogs are a way to get people interested in who I am”
- “The main thing is just getting started”
Items mentioned in the show:
- Tack – UGC Curation Tool
- Contact Gavin
- Gavin’s Blueprint to Facebook Ads
- Joe Wicks – The Body Coach
- Dennis Yu – Facebook Ads Mentor to Gavin
- Logan Young – Facebook Ads Associate of Dennis Yu
- Contact Tyler