About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Jason Keath:
As the Founder and CEO of Social Fresh Conference, Jason curates some of the smartest voices in online marketing. Graduating from UNC Charlotte with a fine arts degree, Jason’s roots are firmly in the creative arts. Jason lives in New York City, where you can find him blogging from a local coffee shop or roaming the streets of Manhattan as a full time tourist.
Jason is a keynote speaker, presenting to thousands on digital marketing, creativity, and how to make organizations more innovative. Jason has consulted with Fortune 500 and Inc 5000 companies on social media strategy and development.
He is routinely quoted by media in the NY Times, USA Today, MSNBC, the LA Times, AdAge, the Washington Post and other outlets.
Jason is the editor of SocialFresh.com, where Social Fresh Conference shares free social marketing tips. He also cohosts of the Social Toolkit Podcast. And each week, Jason publishes the Social Fresh Tip, a social media email newsletter.
Mentionable Quotes by Jason Keath:
- “There is no other kind of marketing with so many vanity metrics.”
- “Even if you’re going after ROI, everyone can see your vanity metrics and they’re hard to ignore.”
- “I think Instagram has a higher engagement opportunity for people right now.”
- “I think people are kind of saturated on Twitter.”
- “Twitter has as high of brand recognition as Facebook, even though they are a lot smaller.”
- “Instagram is going to be able to take advantage of the video trend easier than Twitter.”
- “There was more people using Snapchat ads than we expected to see.”
- “Instagram’s ad platform is almost tied with LinkedIn and Twitter for the number of users and the ROI.”
- “I think the default live-streaming channel will be Facebook live.”
- “Pinterest is still significant to specific niche industries.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “I think before Twitter ever goes away, someone will just acquire it.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Jason’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Favorite airline? JetBlue
- How many Uber rides do you average in a given week? 2-3
- What kind of car do you drive? BMW convertible
- When was the last time you rode a bike? This week
- Do you skateboard? Not well
- Have you ever been on a segaway? Once