Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality: What Marketers Need To Know
January 4, 2017
Have you heard about virtual and augmented reality, but aren’t really sure what it is?
Are you interested in ways you could integrate VR and AR into your business?
With the introduction of games like Pokémon Go and 360-degree video, it looks like brands are going all in the virtual and augmented reality space. As the functionality and tools develop, it’s important to stay in touch with how this may effect your business.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I discuss augmented reality and virtual reality: what marketers need to know featuring Cathy Hackl.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Cathy Hackl:
Cathy Hackl is an Emmy-nominated broadcaster turned public relations professional and social media strategist. She is helping brands from across the globe with their Periscope and live streaming strategy through her consulting business, Socially Streaming. Cathy is the PR director for Periscope Community Summit, the first user-generated conference for and by Periscope users and the founder of Live Stream Summit™.
Mentionable Quotes by Cathy Hackl:
- “Virtual reality is when you’re completely and fully immersed in a virtual environment.”
- “(Virtual reality) can be digitally made or a 360-degree video of the actual world.”
- “Pokémon Go was the gateway drug to augmented reality.”
- “Augmented reality has digital overlays, a digital element added to the real world.”
- “Mixed reality is when you are able to interact or manipulate the digital elements you see.”
- “AR will first come to our phones, but it will eventually transition into a wearable.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “Most people can experience augmented reality with a smartphone.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Cathy Hackl’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Preferred airline? Delta
- Best non-chain coffee shop? Breads Bakery in NY or Alice’s Teacup in NY
- Worst airport? LAX
- Are you able to travel for over a week with one carry on? Yes
- Uber or Lyft? Uber
- One city on your bucket list? Buton