Do you find yourself wasting time while traveling for business?
Are you looking for ways to boost productivity on the road?
When traveling for business, it’s easy to get caught up in catching up with friends and colleagues, indulging in that extra cocktail, and letting our email fall behind. Fortunately, there are a number of things you can do to stay on top of work during your travels.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Bree Kelley, community manager at Casual Fridays, to discuss 9 productivity tips when traveling for business.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. Each week the show features top brands, influencers, and leading social media professionals to talk social media and content marketing. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
9 Productivity Tips When Traveling For Business:
- Think of yourself as a productive person
- Identify the big projects ahead of time and schedule power blocks
- Leverage your time zones
- Turn your out of office email on
- Recognize your distractions
- Get an accountability partner
- Get TSA pre-check
- Save projects that don’t require wifi for the airplane
- Board your flight early and get a window seat
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “People are the most productive when they have to be.”
- “Go into your travel with the mental mindset that you’re a productive person.”
- “Whenever you have a big project, put it in your calendar.”
- “What doesn’t get scheduled, doesn’t get done.”
- “Sometimes I put on my noise canceling headphones, and don’t even listen to music.”
- “Choose the window seat if it’s a short flight to not be disturbed.”
- “If you put your out-of-office auto-responder on, you’re setting your availability expectations.”
Mentionable Quotes by Bree Kelley:
- “When I’m waiting to board a plane or a shuttle, those are blocks of time I leverage.”
Items/people mentioned in the show: