7 Ways To Grow Your Snapchat Following
May 19, 2016
Have you jumped onboard with Snapchat, but no one is viewing your snaps?
Are you looking for ways to grow your Snapchat following?
Unlike other social networks, Snapchat offers the unique challenge of limited discoverability. This requires social media marketers and “snapchatters” to develop creative ways to promote their Snapchat accounts and grow their follower base.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Bree Kelley, community manager at Casual Fridays, on 7 ways to grow your Snapchat following.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
7 Ways to Grow Your Snapchat Following:
- Promote your snapcode offline
- Promote your snapcode online
- Promote snapchat content on other social channels with a CTA
- Utilize social ads
- Run contests, promotions, and exclusive offers
- Leverage influencers and participate in snap swaps
- Get listed on Snapchat directories
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “I would recommend personalizing your snapcode with your logo.”
- “Promote your snapcode on your website.”
- “Snapchat.com/add/[USERNAME] is your custom URL for your Snapchat account.”
- “Schedule some tweets and Facebook posts promoting your snapcode.”
- “Change your profile picture to your snapcode to promote awareness.”
- “Snapchat has a very engaged audience.”
- “Run a Facebook ad letting people know you’re on Snapchat. Use interest-based targeting and run the ad against people who like and are on Snapchat.”
Mentionable Quotes by Bree Kelley:
- “Put your snapcode on your business cards.”
- “Repurpose your Snapchat content to your other social platforms. Download your Snapchat stories and photos, and post them on your other channels to show your audience what you have going on over there.”
- “I wouldn’t recommend downloading and repurposing every single story that you make (on Snapchat), because you want some of that content to stay specific to that platform, so people will want to go to Snapchat and check it out.”
- “If you’re going to snap swap, be sure you really trust and have a good relationship with that person, because you have to turn over your username and password.”
- “If you’re posting great and consistent content your following will grow organically.”
Items/people mentioned in the show: