7 Tips To Get The Most Out of Attending Conferences
March 11, 2016
Are you planning on attending conferences and networking events this year?
Are you looking for ways to get the most out of those meetings and sessions?
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I give you 7 tips to get the most out of attending conferences.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- “The more you get out of your comfort zone, the more you’ll get out of the conference.”
- “Don’t network because you should, network because it’s good for you.”
- “Initiate conversations around event hashtags before the event.”
- “Create a list of people that you’d like to meet, and do your research on them.”
- “Plan what you want to do and who you’re going to do it with.”
- “Break up with your coworkers. Don’t let other people drag you into sessions you don’t want to attend.”
- “Welcome new people.”
- “Look at name badges and welcome other people into conversations.”
- “Don’t take meetings or calls during sessions.”
- “Take good notes.”
- “You retain information more when you’re writing it out.”
- “Don’t burn the candle at both ends.”
- “Manage your alcohol intake.”
- “Bring a portable phone charger.”
- “Carry business cards and a pen in your pocket.”
- “Register for conferences early.”
- “Include others in the conversation.”
- “Follow up with any new contacts from the conference within 3 days.”
- 7 Tips To Get The Most Out of Attending Conferences
- Embrace your fears
- The relationship forms before the conference
- Design your schedule
- Less talk, more listening
- Manage your existing connections
- Turn off the day-to-day work
- Make time for yourself
Items/people mentioned in the show: