7 Social Media Marketing Predictions for 2017
December 28, 2016
Have you began planning your social media strategies for 2017?
Are you taking into account social media predictions?
With 2016 in the rearview mirror, it’s time to start putting together your content strategy for 2017. To make planning a little easier, we’ve put together a list of actionable social media marketing predictions for the new year.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Bree Kelley, community manager at Casual Fridays, to discuss 7 social media marketing predictions for 2017.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. Each week the show features top brands, influencers, and leading social media professionals to talk social media and content marketing. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
Social Media Predictions for 2017:
- Live streaming continues to grow
- Facebook continues to be king
- Twitter is no longer a must
- Brands will embrace real-time storytelling
- Brands will incorporate more influencer marketing and UGC
- Platforms will continue to blend together
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “83% of marketers said they want to create more video content, but they don’t have the resources.”
- “This will be the last year that you will see the preferential treatment with live video.”
- “93% of marketers are using Facebook.”
- “If your customers are actively engaging with you on Twitter, keep your page.”
- “Where I think Twitter has immense value is that it’s a news source.”
- “The easiest form of storytelling is short form video on Snapchat or Instagram Stories.”
- “Only 29% of marketers have created stories on Snapchat or Instagram Stories in 2016.”
- “I think Instagram will be the preferred storytelling platform for brands.”
- “Snapchat is still relevant if your target demographic is that 12-30 age range.”
- “Influencer marketing is a form of user generated content.”
- “Only 20% of businesses listed customer service as a reason they used social media.”
- “Reviews are a form of user generated content.”
Mentionable Quotes by Bree Kelley:
- “To be successful when you’re live streaming, you need to have a strategy.”
- “I think the platform to watch will be Instagram with the way they are adapting.”
- “Real time storytelling doesn’t always have to be “right now”. Now you can upload to Memories or to Instagram Stories from your camera roll.”
- “Snapchat acting as a media source keeps them relevant.”
- “Influencer marketing is continuing to evolve. I think you’ll see more takeovers on Snapchat and Instagram in 2017.”
- “I think people forget that brand loyalty is tied to social customer care.”
Items/people mentioned in the show: