6 Mistakes Social Media Marketers Need To Stop Making
May 25, 2017
Is your business active across social media, yet have no clue what your sales funnel looks like?
Do you use other users social media photos without their permission? Are you using automation bots to grow a following?
I get it. Social media is continuously evolving, so much so, that marketers today are always looking for an edge to stay ahead of the competition. Unfortunately, some of these tactics can come at a cost. Today I’m sharing 6 mistakes social media marketers need to stop making.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- The 6 mistakes social media marketers need to stop making
- How to determine what your funnel is.
- How to decide the appropriate number of social networks your brand or business should be on.
- How to create quality content and avoid crappy content
- How to avoid being thrown in Instagram jail by using Instagram bots.
- How to properly obtain user-generated content and photos across social media.
- How to provide an exceptional social media customer experience.
- Percentage of Internet users who use the following number of social networks:
- 28% on 1-site
- 24% on 2-sites
- 16% on 3-sites
- 8% on 4-sites
- 4% on 5-sites
Memorable Quotes from Tyler:
- “If you’re looking to leverage social media from a marketing standpoint, yet have no idea what your funnel is, you’re wasting your time.”
- “If you identify your target audience, you should be able to recognize which social networks they’re on. Those are the channels you should be focused on.”
- “It’s 2017. There is no rule that says you have to be on Twitter. That was 2010.”
- “Stop creating awful content. Think quality over quantity.”
- “Be careful of self-proclaimed influencers with huge followings, many of these followings were built with Instagram bots. They’re not authentic.”
- “Stop stealing other peoples photos. Just don’t do. Don’t do it.”
- “It’s 2017, stop ignoring your audience and customers on social media.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Get tickets to Social Media Day San Diego taking place on June 30th, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
- Contact Tyler
- Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!