Have you made your New Year’s resolutions for 2016?
Are you already having trouble sticking to your goals?
Setting and sticking to goals can be hard. 80% of people give up on their New Year’s resolutions by February. Fortunately, there are actionable steps you can take every day to make sure you stick to your goals and be a better version of yourself.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by co-host Bree Kelley, community manager at Casual Fridays, on 6 keys to a successful year.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- “If you love what you do, it’s not really work.”
- “You can still love what you do while working for other organizations.”
- “When you’re experiencing a failure, think of a time you have failed in the past and how it has helped you grow.”
- “S.M.A.R.T. goals are specific, measurable, attainable, relevant, and timely.”
- “Defining values will improve your decision-making process.”
- “Figure out what problems are keeping your customers up at night.”
- “Broad goals get left in the dust. Be specific.”
- “Share your goals with others, and have them hold you accountable.”
- “Anything I don’t know how to do, I set aside time to look up how to do it.”
- “Write your goals down, and set reminders to check in on them.”
- 6 Keys to a Successful New Year:
- Love what you do.
- Embrace failures. (Think of them as practice!)
- Set S.M.A.R.T. goals.
- Document your own personal values and vision statement.
- Empathize with your customers/clients and solve their problems.
- Do something today, to be better today.
Items/people mentioned in the show: