Are you curious if the little blue bird is still an effective means to carry your social media messages?
Are you wanting to stock up on Twitter hacks before that you can leverage when you attend your next conference or event?
With 67 million Americans as active users, Twitter is indeed still an important platform for social media marketers. The platform has seen many changes in the past year ranging from improved Twitter Moments functionality to the ability to broadcast live right from the app itself, on mobile or desktop.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, Madalyn Sklar and I discuss these new changes, as well as 5 Twitter hacks to use when attending conferences or events.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Madalyn Sklar:
Madalyn is a Social Media Power Influencer, blogger, podcaster & business coach known for her Twitter expertise. She is ranked #1 in Social Media in Houston Texas and was named by the Huffington Post – Top 50 Must-Follow Women Entrepreneurs in 2017.
Madalyn joined us a year ago on episode 124 to talk about 3 Key Strategies to Enhance Your Twitter Strategy, which might be fun to check out to see how much has changed in a year. She runs two weekly Twitter chats:
Mentionable Quotes by Madalyn Sklar:
- “They’ve had slower growth but, at the end of the day, they have a solid user base who are passionate about it.”
- “Great for customer service! Brands are seeing the value of having the doorway open to the customers.”
- On Moments: “You can take tweets and story tell through tweets.”
- On Twitter Live: “Go where your community is at and that is where you want broadcast live.
- On Twitter Analytics: “Pay attention to impressions, mentions, and profile visits are most important.”
- On Pinned Tweets: “Pinned tweet can be old if it is still relevant and gets people talking.”
- On Twitter Video: “It’s the most underutilized aspect of Twitter. Instead of writing a text question or reply, do a video…that can change everything. It means a lot and you can say more than just 140 characters. Can’t beat that when connecting to people.”
5 Twitter Hacks to Use When Attending a Conference or Event:
- Use the official hashtag. Find out the official hashtag ahead of time, tweet and connect with everyone. Don’t make one up yourself.
- Tweet early, even before the conference begins and connect with those people who are going to be there.
- Tweet to the speakers you want to meet, follow them, and begin liking, RTing, etc, and when you introduce yourself at the conference, they’ll recognize you.
- Make a list of all the speakers and make it a public list. This will help you during the sessions and people can subscribe to your list.
- Be the unofficial conference “documenter.” Take lots of notes, photos, and tag people in the tweets.
BONUS TIP: Make sure your profile photo looks like you!
Items/people mentioned in the show: