Would you say you’re successful when it comes to Facebook ad testing?
If you’re running Facebook Ads or Instagram ads, and you’re one of those marketers out there that feel, “Facebook ads don’t work,” then you likely don’t have a Facebook ads problem; you have a Facebook ad testing problem.
For many marketers that struggle with Facebook Ads, it comes down to their misunderstanding of the ad platform and strategies and tactics they can implement when creating ads.
To run efficient and effective ads, it all comes down to testing. On this week’s episode of the Casual Fridays Podcast, I’m joined by Facebook Ads trainer and expert, Tara Zirker, from Successful Ads Club.
Tara shares with you the importance of testing your ads, her Facebook ads testing philosophy, and five things marketers should test with their Facebook ads.
So sit back, buckle up, let’s do this!
About the Show:
The Casual Fridays Podcast is a show for marketers and businesses looking to get on the social media fast track. Each podcast is an interview format, where I get up close and personal with top brands and leading experts to talk about digital marketing, social media marketing, influencer marketing, and more. This Casual Fridays Podcast is sponsored by Tack – a tool that helps brands and businesses acquire and manage digital rights to user-generated content (UGC).
In This Episode:
- 2:01 – An introduction on Tara Zirker and her background
- 4:18 – How Tara got started teaching others how to do Facebook Ads
- 6:45 – What Tara would say to businesses that simply say “Facebook Ads don’t work”
- 7:29 – The importance of testing your ads, it’s the number one mistakes businesses make
- 8:20 – How Facebook can predict users behaviors to get desired results for advertisers
- 10:11 – A cool little trick for Engagement ads on Facebook
- 11:21 – What’s working today in lead generation ads
- 12:26 – Tara shares with you her testing philosophy
- 14:00 – Tara’s recommended for a minimum ads budget to do testing
- 16:29 – The types of audiences Tara recommends to test ads with
- 17:42 – Why Tara recommends Facebook’s audience insights for research on cold audiences
- 21:05 – The importance of testing copy, imagery, and headlines
- 23:02 – That kind of cost-per-lead businesses can expect to pay in 2019
- 25:22 – The type of ad types Tara recommends to test first
The One Big Takeaway:
The higher the effort you’re asking for in an ad (e.g., a phone number, to drive across town to try out your product, to actually take the credit card out) the more that cost per lead or result with Facebook Ads, and you’re going to have to plan to budget for getting through your testing, this could be a couple thousand dollars for those types of things.
Resources Mentioned In The Show:
- Successful Ads Club
- Connect with Tara on Instagram
- Contact Tyler:
Enjoy the podcast?
- Please take 10 seconds of your time and give the show a rating or write a review on iTunes.
- Subscribe on Apple Podcasts
- Subscribe on Google Play
- Subscribe on Spotify
- Subscribe on Stitcher