Have you heard about Snapchat’s latest on-demand geofilters update?
Are you interested in ways Snapchat’s on-demand geofilters can be used for business?
Snapchat has recently granted individuals and businesses the ability to create their very own on-demand geofilters. These “digital postcards”offer more than bragging rights, and open the door for brands to leverage them for their business.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Bree Kelley, community manager at Casual Fridays, on the 4 ways businesses can use Snapchat’s on-demand geofilters.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- “More than 60% of U.S. 13-34 year old smart phone users are on Snapchat.”
- “There are 7+ billion video views on Snapchat every day.”
- “There are over 100 million active daily Snapchat users.”
- “The On-Demand filters are a self serve way for anybody to create a filter on Snapchat.”
- “When you take a snap, you can apply the filters to a photo or a video.”
- “Content that is created by your customers can be more impactful.”
- “Snapchat filters are like digital postcards.”
- “By adding filters to your snaps, it creates more dynamic content.”
- Getting Started With Snapchat Geofilters
- Design a filter that meets Snapchat’s guidelines
- Pick a time frame that you want the filter to run for
- Pick a geo-fence or an area that you want the filter to display
- Submit your geofilter to Snapchat for review
- Geofilter Submission Guidelines and Tips
- Can cancel the geofilters if necessary
- Must have authorization if using logos or trademarks
- No photography
- No URLs, emails, or phone numbers in the filter
- No drug related content
- Don’t cover up too much of the screen with the filter
- Follow the pixel parameters and submit as a transparent PNG file
- 4 Ways Businesses Can Use Snapchat’s On-Demand Geofilters
- New Product Launches
- Special Events
- User Generated Content
- The Metrics that Snapchat reports on for On-Demand Geofilters
Items/people mentioned in the show: