4 Types of Online Videos Your Business Should Create
February 4, 2016
Did you know that online video continues to be one of the hottest marketing trends for 2016?
Are you looking for the right kind of videos to create for your business?
People consume visual content 60,000 times faster than text. As attention spans shorten, and production tools become easier to use and more affordable, it’s a no brainer to include online videos into your marketing mix.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Sunny Lenarduzzi, social media and online business strategist, on the 4 types of online videos your business should create.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Sunny Lenarduzzi:
Sunny has almost a decade of experience as an award winning video, social media and online business strategist. From tech start up’s to authors, Sunny has worked with clients across industries – helping Hootsuite develop a YouTube series that increased subscriptions by 75% and Applebee’s hit 1 billion impressions in 1 day. Sunny’s passion is helping people leverage the power of video marketing to build businesses and lives they love. Sunny has had the opportunity to speak internationally, most recently at NATO’s Headquarters in Brussels. You can also catch Sunny on national radio, television and online platforms like The Huffington Post, and her weekly YouTube show talking about social media trends and the latest digital news.
Sunny took home the award for ‘Best in Social Media’ for Western Canada in 2014, given to her by Notable, an organization that recognizes young professionals across Canada.
- “I’m a big believer in having native video to each platform.”
- “If you’re looking for free organic reach on Facebook, put up a native video.”
- “You get 7x the reach with a native video than any other kind of content (on Facebook).”
- “The great thing with native videos on Facebook is that you can use calls-to-action.”
- “People consume visual content 60,000 times faster than text.”
- “It’s easier to watch a video on-the-go than it is to read a really long article.”
- “If you’re fearful of getting on camera, start with Snapchat or live-streaming.”
- “YouTube is your best long term investment when creating content.”
- “Monetize your message, turn the content you’re creating into a lead generation tool.”
- “Always drive people to your email list.”
- “Cross promote your snapcode on different platforms.”
- 4 Types of Online Videos Your Business Should Create:
- Thought leadership video
- Product or service video
- Trending videos
- Behind the scenes videos
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Sunny’s Social Media Six Pack:
- What’s your favorite boy band? Nsync
- Have you ever gotten a speeding ticket? Yes
- National restaurant chain that is your guilty pleasure? Chipotle
- How many hours per week do you spend watching TV? 4 hours per week
- When you’re by yourself have you ever tried to freestyle rap? Of course!
- Who is your favorite hip hop artist? Tupac
- One TV show that you watch that you would be embarrassed if your parents knew? The Affair