4 Social Media Trends That Will Go Mainstream in 2016
December 18, 2015
Have you spent time reflecting on all of the changes that have occurred in social media throughout the year?
Have you thought about which social media trends will go mainstream in 2016?
As marketing departments evaluate their budgets for the new calendar year, they look to data from the previous year to make predictions for the next.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by co-host Bree Kelley, social media marketing manager at Casual Fridays, on 4 social media trends that will go mainstream in 2016.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- “People are expecting more brands to respond.”
- “At the end of the day, everyone is an influencer.”
- “People are willing to pay more if you provide amazing service.”
- “Live-streaming will become a mechanism to create more content.”
- “Repurposing content will be huge, and it starts with video.”
- “Video isn’t new, but it’s quicker and easier to digest.”
- “People are realizing that social media is not a free platform, and that it is a pay to play platform.”
- “To get in front of your customers, you have to be where they’re at, (and they’re spending their time on social media).”
- “(Social ads) will help you amplify your organic content.”
- “It is predicted that social ad spend will reach $1.48 billion.”
- “72% of marketers said they would like to invest ad dollars in Instagram.”
- Social Media Trends to go Mainstream in 2016:
- Social Customer Care
- Video Content
- Social Media Ads
Items/people mentioned in the show: