3 Ways Businesses Should Be Using YouTube
July 16, 2015
Is YouTube dead?
What are the keys to a great YouTube channel?
In this weeks’ episode, I talk with good friend, YouTube expert and President of Videospot, Owen Hemsath. Owen discusses ways businesses should be using YouTube and you’ll especially enjoy his three types of content every business MUST create.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Owen Hemsmath:
- Owen Hemsath is a YouTube expert and speaker.
- Owen is experienced in topics relating to Online Video Marketing and YouTube Channel Growth
- He is the President of Videospot and active YouTuber.
- Owen is often asked to speak on video & YouTube marketing, leadership, and Search Engine Optimization.
- After 10 years in sales and marketing, Owen found the corporate environment stifling and hard to maneuver. Upper management resisted change and adapting to new technologies. Following an argument with his boss on the effectiveness of call-tracking and landing pages, Owen was released from his position.
- He decided that the job force was not for him and launched an eCommerce website selling stun guns and tasers.
- Videospot was born after making a sale from a YouTube product review that he filmed in the basement of his friends store. He noted that: “None of my SEO efforts could hold a candle to the power of the videos we put on YouTube. Sales came pouring in and I immediately went to local businesses and offered video production at $20 each.”
- Today, Owen is a YouTube expert having worked with industry leaders at North Face, LinkedIN, and Social Fresh.
- He’s worked with Michael Stelzner, Mari Smith, Jeremy Vest, and Ron Nash and his impressive resume has earned him invitations to speak on internet marketing and lead generation topics for Conferences, Real Estate Brokers, Insurance Companies and the National Speakers Association.
- Videospot provides hi-impact video marketing designed to attract an audience and convert that audience to sale.
- More than just YouTube, Videospot uses every tool at their disposal to distribute your message to it’s intended audience. This often includes website & landing page design, Facebook ads, email marketing, and video marketing strategies.
- Videospot began in 2012 as the brainchild of founder and President, Owen Hemsath.
- Videospot has a video studio in Oceanside complete with green screen and various other background options.
- Professional lighting and audio recording equipment ensure the highest quality product and soon will include a podcasting station.
- Clients can book the studio hourly and record a variety of projects or request consultative services to plan a fully integrated multi-media marketing strategy from video marketing, website design, SEO, social media, and podcasting.
- “YouTube isn’t losing steam. Apps like Meerkat, Periscope, Snapchat and Facebook Video have infused life into YouTube.”
- “Gaming is a billion dollar industry on YouTube.”
- “Is Facebook beating YouTube? No. YouTube has made millionaires out of nobody.”
- “Using YouTube cards can keep your audience on your channel and enhance the user experience.”
- “Fan Funding is a way for YouTube to incentivize smaller channels to stick with the platform and ultimately become larger channels.”
- “A good branded video will keep a viewer for 3-minutes.”
- “The structure of your videos gives your audience an opportunity to subscribe.”
- “People will not watch a good video with bad audio.”
- “You don’t need high end stuff to make a video, you just need stuff.”
- “You need a format, a look and feel to your channel, in order to create content.”
- Owen’s Three Types of Content:
- Creating Pull Content
- “Producing pull-content is how you will generate an audience”
- Creating Push Content
- “You create the agenda and push it into your new subscriber base.”
- “Establishes thought leadership in the industry. This engages your audience and invites them to action.”
- POW Content
- Only 3-4 times per year.
- This is where you sell, sell, sell!
- Creating Pull Content