Are you struggling to get the most out of Twitter?
Are you looking for ways to enhance your Twitter strategy?
Twitter’s earning statements may get some negative press, but brands and marketers are continuing to have more success with the platform everyday. By utilizing all of the tools Twitter has to offer, you can grow your brand’s presence and enhance your ROI, while building meaningful connections and sharing great content.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I am joined by Madalyn Sklar, on 3 keys to enhance your Twitter strategy.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I also share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Scoreboard Social.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Madalyn Sklar:
Madalyn is a social media power influencer, blogger, podcaster and business coach who is known for her Twitter expertise. Named #3 Social Media Power Influencer in Houston, she blogs about social media and technology and will serve as the keynote speaker at the upcoming Houston Social Media Day. She teaches all things Twitter in her course Twitter Smarter and you can find her every Thursday hosting the popular #TwitterSmarter Twitter chat. It’s THE place to connect, learn + share Twitter tips. She is also the host of the #TwitterSmarter Podcast – Twitter Tips from the Pros.
Mentionable Quotes by Madalyn Sklar:
- “Get on Twitter and listen. There is so much happening on the platform.”
- “I give Twitter credit for trying things that will bring users over.”
- “Initially when Twitter rolled out the algorithm, they gave you the option to opt out.”
- “If you’re using Twitter lists, you may not notice the algorithm at all.”
- “Only 2% of Twitter users have opted out of the algorithm.”
- “I’m all about organic tweeting.”
- “People can opt into my email list directly through Twitter.”
- “You have to be active on Twitter for people to be interested in you.”
- “By tagging people, you’re bringing them into the conversation.”
- “It’s important to tag people to let them know they’re part of the conversation.”
- “A Twitter chat is a community of people that gather together around a certain topic and hashtag.”
- “Google “Twitter chats” to find different listings of Twitter chats.”
- “To have a solid presence on Twitter, start by listening.”
- “Be consistent with your presence on Twitter.”
Mentionable Quotes by Tyler Anderson:
- “I need an algorithm to filter the content I might actually be interested in.”
- “I think Twitter video is under utilized.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Madalyn’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Have you ever been to Nashville? Yes
- Who was the last person you purchased a song or album from? Griffin House
- Can you play a musical instrument? Yes, guitar
- Favorite Pandora/Spotify station? Matt Nathanson on Pandora
- Best live performance you’ve ever been to? Rush
- You’re stuck on an island with a decade worth of batteries, a CD player, and one CD- what is it? Rush, Moving Pictures