3 Essential Tips To Instagram Ads with Morgan Sutton
February 1, 2017
Have you started leveraging Instagram ads for your business?
Are you struggling to get the most out of your Instagram advertising?
Many social media marketers are currently seeing a lower cost per click on Instagram than Facebook. The visual-focused platform is helping businesses and brands drive conversions through their beautiful content.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I discuss 3 essential tips to Instagram ads
with Morgan Sutton.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Morgan Sutton:
Morgan is the Director of Operations at Sue B Zimmerman Enterprise. With a background in Systems Engineering, she is responsible for all of the back-end operations and systems that keep the @SBZteam running. Since the company’s start, she has helped Sue develop both her popular brand and her online courses.
Mentionable Quotes by Morgan Sutton:
- “The user that is on Instagram is someone who loves visual storytelling, shopping, and being engaged by visuals.”
- “You do not need an Instagram account to run Instagram ads.”
- “With business profiles, you can serve ads directly from your mobile device.”
- “You can do targeting with Instagram ads directly on mobile.”
- “Use ads manager or power editor to run Instagram ads.”
- “You can do photo, video, or carousel ads on Instagram.”
- “Select one link that you want to redirect the viewer to from the ad.”
- “If you’re putting something online, it should be mobile responsive.”
- “The 20% text rule isn’t finite, but if it’s more than 20% your reach won’t be as far. I suggest going with little to no text overlays on your ads.”
- “You can use the same custom audiences you use on Facebook for Instagram, but the reach is smaller.”
- “Most of the ads I run are for conversions.”
- “I’m a proponent of not spending a lot of money on Instagram ads early.”
“I recommend my clients spend $10-$20 per day when getting started with Instagram ads.”
- “I’m comfortable spending $2-$3 per lead.”
- “If your ad isn’t converting in a day or day and a half, you could be targeting a better audience.”
- “I recommend testing only one interest with one demographic at a time.”
- “Use the suggested tab for audience shopping.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Morgan Sutton’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Serena or Blaire from Gossip Girl? Blaire
- Gaby from Desperate Housewives or Blaire? Blaire
- Olivia Pope from Scandal or Blaire? Olivia
- Piper from Orange is the New Black or Olivia? Olivia
- Lily from How I Met Your Mother or Olivia? Olivia
- Robin from How I Met Your Mother or Olivia? Olivia