Have you started leveraging Instagram ads for your business?
Are you struggling to get the most out of your Instagram advertising?
Many social media marketers are currently seeing a lower cost per click on Instagram than Facebook. The visual-focused platform is helping businesses and brands drive conversions through their beautiful content.
This week on the Social Media Social Hour, I discuss 3 essential tips to Instagram ads
with Morgan Sutton.
Let’s do this!
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
About Morgan Sutton:
Morgan is the Director of Operations at Sue B Zimmerman Enterprise. With a background in Systems Engineering, she is responsible for all of the back-end operations and systems that keep the @SBZteam running. Since the company’s start, she has helped Sue develop both her popular brand and her online courses.
Mentionable Quotes by Morgan Sutton:
- “The user that is on Instagram is someone who loves visual storytelling, shopping, and being engaged by visuals.”
- “You do not need an Instagram account to run Instagram ads.”
- “With business profiles, you can serve ads directly from your mobile device.”
- “You can do targeting with Instagram ads directly on mobile.”
- “Use ads manager or power editor to run Instagram ads.”
- “You can do photo, video, or carousel ads on Instagram.”
- “Select one link that you want to redirect the viewer to from the ad.”
- “If you’re putting something online, it should be mobile responsive.”
- “The 20% text rule isn’t finite, but if it’s more than 20% your reach won’t be as far. I suggest going with little to no text overlays on your ads.”
- “You can use the same custom audiences you use on Facebook for Instagram, but the reach is smaller.”
- “Most of the ads I run are for conversions.”
- “I’m a proponent of not spending a lot of money on Instagram ads early.”
“I recommend my clients spend $10-$20 per day when getting started with Instagram ads.”
- “I’m comfortable spending $2-$3 per lead.”
- “If your ad isn’t converting in a day or day and a half, you could be targeting a better audience.”
- “I recommend testing only one interest with one demographic at a time.”
- “Use the suggested tab for audience shopping.”
Items/people mentioned in the show:
Morgan Sutton’s Social Media Six Pack:
- Serena or Blaire from Gossip Girl? Blaire
- Gaby from Desperate Housewives or Blaire? Blaire
- Olivia Pope from Scandal or Blaire? Olivia
- Piper from Orange is the New Black or Olivia? Olivia
- Lily from How I Met Your Mother or Olivia? Olivia
- Robin from How I Met Your Mother or Olivia? Olivia