Are Instagram Stories a part of your marketing strategy?
Are you aware of the latest features and how they can make your storytelling more exciting?
Instagram Stories has now grown to over 200 million active users. This was a feature that didn’t even exist a year ago! Facebook and Instagram has taken steps to win the war against Snapchat. One third of Instagram users are using Stories daily. Today I’m sharing the latest features most people don’t know about that can enhance your storytelling on Instagram Stories.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- The advantages of using Instagram Stories over other platforms.
- How to mention, tag and collaborate with other Instagram accounts.
- How to record hands-free and zoom in and out with one finger while recording.
- How to add photos to your story from your camera roll and other sources beyond 24 hours.
- How to find hidden colors and use them for photo backgrounds.
- How to add drop shadows to your text.
- What is a selfie sticker and how do you create one?
- How to pin stickers to your story.
- Where to access Instagram Story statistics and how to block other users from viewing your stories or from seeing theirs.
- How to maneuver through Stories, including how to pause stories.
Memorable Quotes from Tyler:
- “Good ideas start in one place and they are spread across the entire industry. Kudos to Snapchat for being the first to Stories. But it is a format and it will adopted widely across many other platforms.” – Kevin Wheel, Instagram VP of Product
- “Facebook in the 800 pound gorilla.”
- “All early indications are right now that Instagram Stories are hot. They are continuing to grow.”
- “The Instagram features are just not intuitive to the masses!”
- “I haven’t snapped in 3-4 months and I think I’m part of a wider population. Definitely interested to see where Instagram Stories will go.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Get tickets to Social Media Day San Diego taking place on June 30th, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
- Contact Tyler
- Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!