10 Questions You Should Ask Your Social Media Agency
May 11, 2017
Are you thinking of hiring a social media agency?
Do you have an agency or are you part of one?
As a social media agency owner for the past eight years, I have a lot of insight on the good, the bad and the ugly in this business. The process of finding and hiring an agency who can work on social media for your business or brand can be intimidating. If you’re not in the business, it can be tough to know if they are legit or selling you a bag of goods. I’m sharing some great questions you can ask a potential agency or consultant to find out if they will be a good fit for your business or brand.
About the show:
The Social Media Social Hour is a podcast for marketers and entrepreneurs looking to get on the social media fast track. The podcast is an interview format, where each week I get up close and personal with top brands and influencers to talk social media, tech and online marketing. Each week I share tools that I personally use to help me with social media management, sales, marketing, accounts management, and productivity. The Social Media Social Hour is presented by Tack – Power your marketing with authentic content from customers and fans.
In this episode, here is what you’ll discover:
- Why you should use a social media agency.
- What you need to know before hiring a social media agency.
- The difference between an agency and a consultancy.
- Options and ways to communicate with your agency.
- What research to do on your agency before you hire them.
- Why it matters if employees or contractors are working on your account.
- Different ways to pay for agency services.
- What kind of insurance your agency should carry and why.
Memorable Quotes from Tyler:
- “Know a little bit to keep them on their toes.”
- “Look at their own social media. Would they eat their own dog food?”
- “Fans and follower counts don’t mean success in social media marketing.’”
- “Ask for clients they are currently working with and check out what they’re doing across social media.”
- “This is a team effort. You can’t set it and forget it and hand the keys to your social/digital agency and think they can do everything. It’s a collaboration.”
Items Mentioned In The Show:
- Get tickets to Social Media Day San Diego taking place on June 30th, 2017 in San Diego, CA.
- Episode 139 – CasualFridays.com/139
- Contact Tyler
- Enjoy the podcast? Give us a rating or a review on iTunes!